there's no real
love in you
Tuesday, September 04, 2007 @ 5:16 PM
Rich Chocolate Brownies with Walnuts And Strawberries.
I made these the other day but was kinda lazy to put up this entry :D
Been studying and doing maths lately, which is something I should do.
It's the holidays, but promos are coming soon.
I feel like I'm trapped in a tunnel of darkness now. Haha.
In my free time, I like to search for recipes and watch TV shows like The Tyra Banks Show, The Ellen Degeneres Show as well as the Martha Stewart Show. They are actually kinda interesting, the interviews and fashion tips and all. I know. I have become a stay-at-home auntie. :(
Anyway, here are some pictures.
2/3 cup Butter
1/2 lb of Cooking Chocolate
1 and 1/3 cups Fine Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 packet Vanilla Sugar
1 and 1/8 cups All Purpose Flour
1 packet Whole Walnuts (easily available at any supermarket, but if you want the quality kind, you can head on down to Phoon Huat )
4 and 1/2 cups Strawberries
1/2 glass Strawberry Jam
1. Double-boil the chocolate and butter, until it starts to melt.
2. Stir it from time to time and add sugar gradually. When everything has molten, take it off from the heat and let it cool.
3. Whisk the eggs. Add the eggs and the vanilla sugar to the chocolate.
4. Chop the walnuts and fold it into the mixture.
5. Mix until everything has been mixed nicely.
6. Add flour to the batter and make sure that everything is mixed thoroughly again.
7. Once beaten well, it should be of this consistency. Thick and gooey.
8. Pour the batter into a round baking tin, that has been greased.
That's my mom's hand, btw :)
9. Bake for approximately 30 minutes - 1 hour. Check on your brownie from time to time, as some ovens are faster than others!
10. An easy trick is to test with a toothpick to see if it is ready or not. Stick the toothpick in and pull it out. If no dough stays on the pick, the cake is done.
After 45 minutes (in my oven), bring it out!
11. It looks like this. But don't fret, you're going to have to pile things on top.
11. Slice the strawberries into half.
12. Spread some strawberry jam on the brownie.
13. And arrange the strawberries on it.
13. When you're done, place it in the fridge for about 3 to 4 hours, for the brownie to set.
And voila! Rich chocolate brownies with walnuts and strawberries!
Hello, I am Jia Xin.
my favourite things!satisfying FOOD, cooking & baking, romantic and funny movies, shopping, going to the beach, Lisa Ono, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Michael Buble, Aretha Franklin, all that jazz, Bossanova! And just hanging out with the people I love makes me happy :)
monthly archiveJune 2005
standing ovationLayout: Nicole
Others: Color Codes
Best viewed with Chrome/Firefox.